Plaistow and Ifold Parish Council’s annual budget includes a sum of money for grant awards. The Grant Awarding Policy has been drawn up to demonstrate a fair and transparent process and sets out the procedure the Council will follow when making its decision.
A grant is any payment made by the Council to an organisation for a specific purpose that will benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish, and which is not directly controlled or administered by the Council.
Plaistow and Ifold Parish Council has the General Power of Competence (GPoC) (ss. 1 – 8 Localism Act 2011), which denotes the power to do anything lawful that individuals may generally do; subject to following any limitations/restrictions within relevant overlapping legislation. It cannot use the GPoC to circumvent any prohibition of action(s) set out in legislation.
The Council's Grant Awarding Policy complies with the Equality Act 2010 and data protection legislation.
All grants awarded by the Council must be in the interests of, and bring direct benefit to, the area, or any part of it, or all or some if its inhabitants.
Any organisation wishing to apply for grant funding must fill in a grant application form and submit it to the Clerk.
The Council awards grants, at its discretion, to organisations which can demonstrate a clear need for financial support to achieve an objective which will benefit the Parish by:
- Providing a service
- Enhancing quality of life
- Improving recreation and/or sports
- Improving the environment
Plaistow and Ifold Parish Council will not normally make grants to organisations outside of the Parish unless there are direct benefits to the Parish, or its residents. Applications should be made for ‘one-off grants’ that will not result in any recurring expenditure for the Parish Council.
- Grant requests must be on a completed Plaistow and Ifold Parish Council Grant Application Form.
- All requests must include the necessary supporting documentation listed on the application form.
- Completed application forms and documentation should be sent to the Parish Clerk (email or post).
- Applications will be considered biannually at a meeting of the Council's Finance Committee, in accordance with the Grant Awarding Policy and will only be awarded by resolution of the Committee.
- Grant awards are subject to the availability of sufficient funds.
- Grant awards will be made in a single payment; or released in stages, upon authorised request, as work proceeds depending on the nature and size of the project
Should you require any further information please contact the Clerk - firstname.lastname@example.org